By Alexander Bruzual
Monday, February 15 2010
In his third consecutive appearance at the Junior King of Carnival competition, 13-year-old Matthew Barnes scored his first victory at the final last Friday night at the Northern Greens, Queen’s Park Savannah, Port-of-Spain.
Barnes, a Form Two student of St Mary’s College, portrayed a multi-coloured green and brown costume titled, “Sting in the Sandstorm”, which was designed by his father Gerard Barnes.
Speaking with Newsday yesterday, the teenager could scarcely contain his excitement saying he was “very happy” to be crowned a Carnival king.
Full Article : newsday.co.tt
Junior King of Carnival results
1. Matthew Barnes; “Sting in the Sandstorm”
2. Gyasi Philbert; “The wonder of Buccoo”
3. Kevin Lewis; “Oil spill in TnT”
4. Kriston Chandler; “Diola Drummer”
5. Emanuel Joseph; “Massai Warrior”
6. Mickah Beepatsingh; “Masi”
7. Shaquille Matas; “The High Priest of Uakactun”
8. Rushon Riviere Alexander; “The Ring Master”
9. Enrique Sham–Poo; “Borias :Keeper of the Winds”
10. Denzil Superville; “Denizen of the Deep”